SL56T / SL56T-A Miniature Temperature data logger (-40°C to +85°C with up to ±0.12°C Accuracy - Large Memory)
The SL56T / SL56T-A are self contained, multiple use, miniature temperature data loggers with the ability to record up to 125,440 temperatures over the temperature range of -40°C to +85°C with an accuracy of ±0.5°C (SL56T).
The SL56T-A is supplied with a UKAS 17025 traceable calibration certificate and an improved accuracy of ±0.17°C over the range -25°C to +40°C.
Calibration tolerances up to ±0.12°C are available up on request.
Readings are stored in non-volatile memory so can be extracted if the battery is exhausted.
Comparison of the SL56T and SL52T:
SL52T / SL52T-A
SL56T / SL56T-A
Battery Life (at 22°C)
4 Years 2 months
Sample Rate (Fastest)
2 Seconds, although 30 seconds is the recommended fastest sample rate
Maximum Number of Stored Readings
4096 (Hi Resoluton Mode)
62,720 (Hi Resolution Mode)
Data Recoverable if Battery Dies
If sample rates faster than once every five minutes are required, please see the SL52T / SL52T-A
- Fridge & Freezer Monitoring
- Facilities Management
- Food Distribution & Storage
- Pharmaceutical Distribution
- Pharmaceutical Storage
- Milk & Dairy Production
- Cold Chain
- Contact Lens Manufacture
- Clinical Trials
- Thermobrite Validation
- Power : Internal Battery
- Battery Life : Typically four years, 2 months at +20°C, See detailed battery life calculator
- Battery Type: Panasonic BR1225A (non replaceable / non rechargeable)
- Measuring Range: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
- Accuracy : SL56T: ±0.5°C from -10°C to +65°C, ±1.0°C outside of this range
- Accuracy : SL56T-A: ±0.1°C ±0.1% of calibrated span
- Default calibration points -25°C, +4°C & +40°C. Providing ±0.17°C accuracy. Other calibration points available on request
- Resolution: 0.5°C in low resolution mode, 0.07°C in high resolution mode
- Sample Rate: 5 minutes to 24 hours.
- Number of Readings Stored : 125,440 in low resolution mode, 62,720 in high resolution mode
- Reusable When Memory Full : Yes
- Time to Download a Full Data Logger : Approximately 10 minutes
- Weight : 3g
- Response Time : 63% step change - 90 seconds in circulating air, 10% to 90% step change - 180 seconds in circulating air
- Waterproofing : IP55 = Protected against ingress of dust and protected against low-pressure jets of water. Please see waterproof enclosures if the product is to be submerged in liquid
- Delayed Start : Yes, you can specify a time and date to start logging up to 1 year in advance with one minute resolution
- Software Alarms : Yes, high and low alarms can be specified in the software
- Material : 305 Stainless Steel
- Weight: Approximately 3g
- Dimensions : 17mm diameter x 6mm high
- Warranty : 1 Year
- Approvals / Standards : EN 12830:2018
To view the full specification please download the datasheet below.
Starter kits are available with either two or five SL56T or SL56T-A miniature temperature data loggers, the USB Interface cable and the TempIT-PRO software:
Being only 17mm in diameter and 6mm thick, the SL56T is an incredibly small temperature data logger. It is about the same size as a watch battery, which enables it to be inserted into small items and packages.
The memory can hold up to 125,440 readings and can be cleared at the start of each data logging session, allowing the data logger to be reused over and over. The memory can be set to stop logging when full so you don't lose those important first readings or to wrap when full, throwing away the oldest readings once the memory is full and still storing new readings, to provide a rolling window.
The SL50-INTERFACE-USB interface lead is required to connect to the USB port of the computer and is compatible with the user friendly, and free of charge, TempIT-Lite operating software. This enables the logger to be set up and the readings downloaded from the data logger and displayed in a graphical format. Data can also be saved and retrieved at a later time. The software can be up-graded to TempIT-Pro which provides various additional features such as data table view, export data to spreadsheet, graph annotations, and automated MKT, F0, A0 and PU calculations.
The USB Interface lead and software are not included with this miniature temperature data logger, unless your purchase the starter kit, but you can find details of these and other related items below.